Naturopathic Medicine focuses on treating the root cause of your symptoms.
Naturopathic Doctors are highly-educated primary care providers who use lab testing, a detailed health history, and standard medical diagnostics. We use evidence-based natural therapies to treat the underlying cause of your health concerns. Naturopathic treatments can be used on their own or together with conventional medicine. Our treatment plans are completely individualized to address your specific needs. We will treat you as a whole person, rather than as an isolated complaint.
Treatment services include:
- Clinical Nutrition: Meal plans, nutritional supplements, vitamin injections
- Lifestyle Counselling: Exercise, stress coping, sleep management, counselling
- Acupuncture: Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis and acupuncture
- Botanical Medicine: Herbs in the form of supplements, tinctures, and topical applications
- Lab testing: Ordering blood work to diagnose, monitor, and prevent illness, as well as optimize wellness.
- Prescriptions: Dr. Chambers has additional training and certification allowing her to write prescriptions for some medications, and provide a second opinion about your current protocol. She will never change your medication without the approval of your prescribing physician.
As your Naturopathic Doctor, I select treatments based on scientific evidence, efficacy and affordability. Together, we will tailor your treatment plan to work within your comfort zone and address all your treatment goals.
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine (adapted from http://www.rsnc.ca/)
- First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
- To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
- To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body’s inherent self-healing process.
As your Naturopathic Doctor, I am your health advocate. My goal is to empower you to understand and take control of your own health. I will give you the tools to live a happy, balanced, and healthy life.
Click HERE to book your appointment.